Forcyte Biotechnologies is advancing Mechanomedicine
We built the first and only platform for the discovery of small molecule drugs that control mechanical force generation in individual human cells (or cellular ensembles), as a new but exceedingly logical strategy against some of the biggest mechanodiseases in the world.
Screening contractile cellular force as a HTS assay endpoint
Forcyte’s proprietary technology (“FLECS”) enables visualization and quantification of mechanical forces generated by ~millions of primary human cells, simultaneously. The fully automated high-throughput screening system discovers small molecules that modulate this cellular mechanical output, based on the shape changes of adhesive / fluorescent micropatterns, cast in vast arrays on across elastomeric films. The platform integrates proprietary technologies in material science, microtechnology, image analysis, and cellular biology to create the first standardized and automation-able disease model of mechanical cell force generation.
Discovery & translational research across key mechanical disease areas
Forcyte aims to discover active small molecule modulators of cell force to feed into an internal pipeline across multiple therapeutic areas (*Mechanical Diseases) with high unmet needs:
- Preterm Labor (suppressing early spontaneous uterine contractions)
- Under-active / Over-active Bladder and Incontinence (regulating contraction of bladder smooth muscle).
- Asthma (bronchodilation through relaxation of airway smooth muscle)
- Hypertension (vasodilation through relaxation of arterial smooth muscle)
- Fibrosis (inhibition of TGFbeta-driven transdifferentiation of hepatic stellate cells / fibroblasts using enhanced contraction as an indicator of fibrogenesis)
Healthcare solutions and value creation driven by technical innovation
Forcyte’s FLECS Mechanomedicine Discovery platform generates previously inaccessible functional cell data to be used for launching new programs in partnerships with Pharma.
The power of Forcyte’s unique and logical approach has been harnessed by Pharma users in their own projects as well as by numerous translation researchers globally.
Are you a researcher looking to buy FLECS assay well-plate products? Click here.